39+ Weeks

I'm 39 weeks and 2 days...and I feel great! So why does everyone assume I am miserable?

My due date of July 18 is quickly approaching. As hard as it is to realize, a due date is an estimation. It is not some magical day where my baby will make his planned appearance into the world. Although that would be nice to plan. So why is everyone stuck on that day?

There are a lot of people in my workplace, especially women. A baby bump is like a magnet for smiles, questions and comments. Some of which are pleasant. Some are not as much. There have been so many blogs and lists about what not to say to a pregnant lady, you would think people would read them.

I've been asked if it's twins, given looks of shock when I share my due date, told I won't make it the whole way, asked if I will be induced soon, etc. And of course I've heard the common, "you look like you're about to pop" and "oh you'll be sooo hot this summer." I thought I had heard it all, until this morning. Two ladies were commenting on my large pregnant belly and asked my due date. When I said "Saturday," one of the women replied, "and you're still driving?" That one caught me off guard! I immediately responded with a yes and that I feel great. What else am I supposed to do? I've decided that will be my newest response to people. I'm pregnant, not disabled.

Now, I recognize that I have been blessed to have pretty good pregnancies so far and that some have it far worse. A few sweet friends are among that group and I would imagine comments like these could potentially cause a girl to feel even worse.

Sure, I'm hot this summer just like everyone else. But I'm glad that I work inside and that I don't have far to walk to my building. Sure, my feet are a little swollen but I can still wear my sandals which is more than I can say for my first pregnancy. Sure, I'm having some trouble sleeping but wouldn't you with a huge baby attached to your front? Sure, I'm tired sometimes. But I have a busy life like anyone else and that's why God made coffee.

Most people approach me as if I'm miserable. For the most part, I feel great! I'm pregnant and this is temporary, so I'm still enjoying it as much as I can. So don't feel sorry for me because I don't. Smiles are nice though.

Special thanks to everyone who has told me that I look great, along with various other compliments :)

Jenny

Here's my last belly bump picture, 9 weeks ago, because you know the poor second baby gets far fewer than the first did!

Comments

  1. I had a couple people at work who were shocked that I was still driving at my due date when I was pregnant I don't know what they expected me to do, have my husband drop everything to drive me to and from work? B/c I worked until my due date. I felt great they my pregnancy as wellC it's such a blessing, glad you're still feeling so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's funny 😊 Yes, I suppose once your due date is here, you are banned from the outside world, lol. Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. You looked great a week ago when we saw you -- not at all tired or miserable. Enjoyed watching you rub your tummy though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts